Pages

Monday, September 23, 2013

Did You Get What You Prayed For?

Have you ever wanted something so bad, you yearn and pray for it over and over, that it frustrates and even hurt when it feels like nothing's happening?

I did.

I wanted an escape and I wanted it fast. I was desperate. I prayed for it, wrote it on my prayer requests and even asked friends to pray for it - week after week. But it wasn't happening.

And it was in my desperation that I came to read this book. "Did you get what you prayed for?" by Nancy Jo Sullivan and Jane A.G. Kise. 

excerpts from my favorite chapter
To be completely honest, I still want it - but only in a way. I want it to happen but through God's will and in His perfect time. 

What changed?

My heart. I chose to trust God more. To rely, NOT on what I think I deserve but in His scandalous grace instead. To wait with hope, knowing that He is working.


"Trust makes all the difference when you are in a time of waiting."

No comments:

Post a Comment