Pages

Thursday, December 12, 2013

In Retrospect: Life Lessons 2013 Edition

"Sometimes you have to look back in order to realize how far you have come."

"How can I feel so down when it's nearing the holidays and the New Year?" was the question I kept asking myself over a hot cup of coffee when the song "Senti" by Yano played suddenly (and ironically) in the radio. Kaloka. I guess this time of the year really pushes people to reflect on their lives. haha.

Looking into my life made me realize that there's no reason for me to wallow in misery because I have been (and still) extremely blessed. This year showed me the true meaning of love and friendshipfaith (that God is always in control), acceptance (that some things are simply not meant to be), and persistence (for me to just do and be the best that I can be).

Anyway, para pahabain - below are things I realized and learned this year.

I can plan my life (or the entire year at that), but God will always have the best plan. I have always been hesitant writing my dreams and goals. I guess the thought of not being able to fulfill or achieve them makes me scared (and sad). But this year I took a deep breath, conquered my fear and made an entire list - most of which, (as of writing) are not fulfilled/achieved - yet!. But I'm not scared, not even sad anymore.
"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11
I should keep dreaming big dreams. It felt pretty good to be able to write my dreams down. These are definitely worth looking into when I get older - the thought excites me! You bet I'll be writing down more dreams and goals this new year! Reading this year's list, I learned that some dreams change eventually and overtime, some am still dreaming about, some I'll probably tweak in a way. It's just that now, I'm more open to change and to as many hows, where, when or what God provides me.
"When it comes to your dreams, don't be attached to your timing. Don't be attached to your measurements, and don't be attached to your version. Trust that God will answer your prayers - His version."
I can't please everybody. Period. haha! Besides, I have amazing people in my life, so I just have to learn to love certain people from a distance.

I'm lucky I'm in-love with my best friend. i-kanta na yan! Realizing that we have each other, ala Adventure Time's Finn and Jake - what more can I ask for?

I don't have to look far to find and worship God. I started attending The Feast (Alabang) April this year and it is indeed one of the happiest place on Earth! I have dreamed of being able to attend a concert for the Lord (more like Hillsong or Casting Crown) but let me tell you, every Feast session feels like one and wait till you experience KCON's Grand Feast - one of my best weekends ever!

And finally -

I must invest in a good dentist. I mean seriously. Someone with a whirring thingamajig prodding my teeth while I lie there blinded by the light - how vulnerable can that be? @_@

Ayan, Thank you 2013! Now time to start the new year with a grateful heart! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment